Altos ACS 8000-15A

Ian McLaughlin ian at platinum.net
Mon Jun 15 16:36:53 CDT 2015

The NatSemi MM2716Q is definitely the ‘normal’ single rail EPROM.  The TMS2716 is the TI version that is 3-rail.  A quick test would be to measure pin 19 in circuit.  If this is 12v, then it’s expecting a TI part.

Does your reader have any other ‘brands’ of 2716 you could try?  What about trying to read it as a 2732? Looking at the pinouts it looks like the only difference is pin 21 which is Vpp (programming voltage) on a 2716 and A11 on a 2732.  You’ll get a 4k buffer but hopefully half of it will have your data…

Ian