PDP-12 Restoration at the RICM

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 14 10:25:08 CDT 2015

> The ripple on the power supplies is still going lower as we put more run
> time on the system. The power supplies are now within spec.

Capacitors reforming naturally?

> Warren made an Arduino based programmable baud rate generator that works
> for both serial ports. After some debugging, it works nicely.

I am sorry, but I find that obscene!. To use more components than the rest of the machine
(probably) just for the baud rate clock is ridiculous. IMHO if you are going to modify a
vintage machine, particularly one as rare as a PDP12, you should use the components
that were available at the time. It's not as if a programmable buad rate generator is hard
to make from TTL either. In fact given the Arduino thing needed 'some debugging' it might
well have taken less time to do it in hardware.

-tony