PDP-8/S

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Wed Jun 10 18:10:17 CDT 2015

Fred   yes  all valid.

if  we  are  to  put them   in the registry  though we  have to  be  sure
that   have one   if   they  go nameless.
like if  we  get a response  like:
my name is  rick  I have s/n 2

Ok  we need a  entry  template  for info that  can  be  spread sheeted..
of  course any misc  info people want  to add   could  go in a comments
section...     open to any and all suggestions!

Ed  Sharpe   _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org)

In a message dated 6/10/2015 12:56:28 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
cisin at xenosoft.com writes:

>>  I know of 17 PDP-8/S systems, including four at the RICM.
> Not everyone  wants their collections to be public information but:

If somebody were  to try to make a "complete" list, it would make sense to
provide variable  levels of anonymity, such as name but not contact info,
state but no name,  email but no other contact, etc.  If designed well,
that could be  managed by a full information form in which it is easy, and
acknowledged  to be acceptable, to fill in only items that are intended to
be  public.

Prob'ly some people would be more willing to discuss what they  have IFF
they aren't opening themselves to theft risk, and/or a deluge of  "I'd like
to buy".

NOTE:  I do not currently have ANY PDP  stuff, so I am only speculating
about what others would  like.

Grumpy Ol' Fred            cisin at xenosoft.com