WTB /WTT DEC TZ30 and/or 1/2" open reel SCSI magtape drives

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Tue Jun 9 23:13:56 CDT 2015

> On Jun 9, 2015, at 20:45 , Bob Rosenbloom <bobalan at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I have a Fujitsu M2444AC sitting in my hangar up here in Santa Cruz. You can have it if you can get someone to pick it up.
> Photo's here:
>
> http://www.dvq.com/Fujitsu/

You probably guessed already that my friend in Santa Paula is also a pilot! ;)

Thank you very much for the offer! If I'm not mistaken, that drive has a Pertec interface, though, like the Kennedy 9610 that I already have, so I think I will let somebody else have a crack at it. That drive model looks familiar; we probably had at least one in the computer room I worked in during college in the late 1980s, and I may have done a tape mount or two on them!

Hmm, I guess I have yet another option: Once I fix the hub motor drive in my Kennedy 9610, maybe I could just make my own interface for it. Maybe a small FPGA to handle the interface signals, and an off the shelf microcontroller (like a BeagleBone Black board?) to give it a UI and interface it to the outside world. Much more effort, but also more fun!

I may be able to borrow a SCSI-interface magtape drive locally, but I still wouldn't mind having one of my own. And I am still hoping to find a TZ30 drive.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/