DEC Runoff to any modern format conversion or DEC MSCP protocol specs

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Thu Jun 4 17:49:39 CDT 2015

There is also this:
http://www.decuslib.com/decus/vax87c/clement/runoff/aaareadme.1st

                               Bonner Lab Runoff (RNO)

      Bonner  Lab Runoff is a text formatter that, when used with your favorite
      editor, makes a complete word processor.  Its syntax is almost a complete
      emulation of DSR (Digital Standard Runoff) and it is very compatible with
      previous versions of Runoff.  The document and help file for this version
      can  also be used for DSR.  The intent of this program is to support com-
      plete scientific word processing to produce publication  quality  output.
      It  has been used to produce thesis, progress reports, and scientific pa-
      pers here at Rice University.

      This version allows complete control of any special printer available via
      user definable escape sequences.  In addition  a  macro  facility  allows
      text  or  sequences  of commands to be abbreviated to a single label.  If
      the printer has the correct features, then variable spacing,subscripting,
      superscripting, and equation formatting are possible.  By properly defin-
      ing escape sequences the user can support different printers in  a  tran-
      sparent  fashion.   In  other  words  the  same  input text will print in
      identical fashion on different printers with different control codes  and
      escape sequences.

All written in glorious MACRO!

Mark.