DEC Runoff to any modern format conversion or DEC MSCP protocol specs

Rich Alderson RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Thu Jun 4 17:49:01 CDT 2015

From: Tom Gardner
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2015 10:47 AM

> I have multiple DEC Runoff (.rno extension) files for the manual on DEC's
> MSCP protocol.  I'd like to convert them to a modern format.  The manual is
> dated circa 1992 incorporating ecos thru MSCP23-4 and is revision 2.4 (or
> later) of MSCP.  What appears to be an early version (Apr 1982 rev 1.2) is
> at

> http://www.textfiles.com/bitsavers/pdf/dec/disc/UDA50/AA-L619A-TK_MSCP_basFns_82.pdf

> I've searched for a convertor without much luck,  there is a VMS Pascal
> converter at https://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/support/rnototex which
> converts to LaTex which can then be converted to pdf, but I don't have any
> DEC equipment.

You can open an account on the VAX running VMS 7.3* at Living Computer Museum
and run the converter program there, then run pdflatex on a PC to get the final
output directly.

Just another option.

                                                                Rich
* The "Open" is silent.

Rich Alderson
Vintage Computing Sr. Systems Engineer
Living Computer Museum
2245 1st Avenue S
Seattle, WA 98134

mailto:RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org

http://www.LivingComputerMuseum.org/