8-bit Computer TV Channel Use

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Tue Jun 2 11:05:46 CDT 2015

I just noticed that the Si2137 and Si2177 tuners are now marked as "factory special order" and Mouser, where they were previously just marked "New at Mouser". So my guess that those parts are a leftover tray with questionable future availability might be unpleasantly accurate.

I'm still interested in pursuing a cheap tuner design to see if it goes anywhere. Even if it turns out that some existing composite to HDMI converter satisfies everybody, I think there would be interest in a small, inexpensive standalone RF demod to get composite video out of vintage home machines without internal mods, and Crazy Cat Lady could morph into that. Maybe it would involve custom hardware, maybe it would be a TV tuner dongle operated in SDR mode plugged into a Beaglebone with custom software, maybe it would be a general purpose SDR design that happens to be well-suited for video demod... figuring that out is the fun part for me.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/