8-bit Computer TV Channel Use

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Mon Jun 1 21:03:26 CDT 2015

> On Jun 1, 2015, at 17:43, Chris Osborn <fozztexx at fozztexx.com> wrote:
>
> The color on the hi-res screens looks pretty good, but the vertical lines through the blocks on the lo-res screens isn’t quite right. The bottom 4 lines of text having color bleeding is normal, even on an Apple color composite monitor. The monochrome 80 column screen looks pretty good too.

Well, you're right! The text looks like crap on an analog CRT, too. I updated my blog post with a few more pictures.

Now I'm even more curious about the reports I've heard about having trouble with video conversion, since the first cheap converter I tried seemed to work OK with an Apple //c. Of course, it still lacks a tuner for the TV-connected computers, but I got the impression that the Apple II series was especially picky about its video converters. Maybe there's a different program I should try running that does weird stuff with video modes, like some game with particularly interesting graphics?

I'm also interested in seeing what the converter will do with composite video tapped out from a Color Computer's innards. I seem to recall that it had some screwy video modes that required the user to keep hitting the reset button until the colors weren't swapped.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/