Minuteman II Launch Control Computer

Ben Sinclair ben at bensinclair.com
Fri Jul 31 12:48:51 CDT 2015

I recently visited the Minuteman II launch control facility in South
Dakota, and was curious about the computers used there.

Here's a photo of the rack, with the Boeing part numbers visible:
http://i.imgur.com/KTaW3Il.jpg

Some Googling of those numbers didn't really reveal much. People love to
talk about the guidance computer in the missile itself, but I can't find
much about what they used when turning the keys.

I like the little placard on the computer about encrypted data in memory.
The whole place is worth a visit if you're out that way.

Does anyone have more information on these? Thanks!

--
Ben Sinclair
ben at bensinclair.com