H960 blank panel clips

Vincent Slyngstad v.slyngstad at frontier.com
Wed Jul 29 01:24:11 CDT 2015

From: Pete Turnbull: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 10:58 AM
> On 28/07/2015 18:22, Vincent Slyngstad wrote:
>> What do folks think of the idea of thickening the shaft, terminating it
>> in a hemisphere, but then cutting half-way down the result with a Y or X
>> shaped cut?  The cut would hopefully allow the result to flex and taper
>> into the socket,
>> providing plenty of grip without actually tearing anything up.
>
> Just a slit would do, and be much easier to incorporate in a moulded  or
> machined item.

I've placed a new design at:
http://svn.so-much-stuff.com/svn/trunk/3D/rack-bracket/bracket-new.jpg
http://svn.so-much-stuff.com/svn/trunk/3D/rack-bracket/bracket-new.stl
http://svn.so-much-stuff.com/svn/trunk/3D/rack-bracket/bracket-new.skp

The .stl file is in inches, so remember to scale it if you are planning to 3D
print it!

For those just following along, the .jpg will be the most useful.

The SketchUp file is also provided, but unless you're a SketchUp
user like me, that's actually of little use.  (Do not attempt to cut
into the spherical sections unless you've done that sort of thing
in SketchUp before -- it's very hard to get it right.)

I don't know if the design will work -- will the slit will provide enough
flexibility, will the post crack, etc.

    Vince