First Computer Store

Brent Hilpert hilpert at cs.ubc.ca
Fri Jul 24 13:40:24 CDT 2015

On 2015-Jul-24, at 8:24 AM, william degnan wrote:
> Oh I don't know...I think these had some interest in 1975
> http://vintagecomputer.net/altair-poptronics.cfm
>
> Also take a look at the run of Byte mags published in 1975, plus
> People's Computer Company Newsletters from 1975.

We had a Byte Shop here in backwater Vancouver fairly early, as I recall.
I think my dad's friend with an IMSAI was getting S100 stuff from them, which would have been 1976 or 77.

A "Computer World" and "computer land" showed up within a few years at latest - I have receipts for Apple II stuff from all three dated 1981.