PDP 11 gear finally moved

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 08:36:18 CDT 2015

really good caps are "better than specs" and thus deteriorate "into
specs" over time, but all fade eventually.  Some may have connectors
that die before the cap inside.  Rarely does a cap actually measure
the same exactly as what is printed on the label.   The ESR value vs.
the capacity is the factor, and you can really get into "is this a
good cap?" world depending on what equipment you're using.  Personally
I have learned a lot about the subject in the past 5 years, you learn
some caps are more important than others, and how "in spec" they are
can be less important depending on the job being done.

--
Bill
vintagecomputer.net