PDP 11 gear finally moved

Todd Killingsworth killingsworth.todd at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 13:55:38 CDT 2015

I suspect part of the "swap'em ALL out" mentality comes from the 90's when
some botched industrial espionage had some of the bottom-tier cap
manufacturers using a dodgy electrolytic formula for their caps.  These
caps would have a frequent failure rate..

While not an issue for pre-90's electronics,  it has fostered the mentality
of full replacement for 'newer' electronics i.e. arcade/pinball machines

Todd Killingsworth