Time to dig out some of my DEC XX2247 keys

Mike Ross tmfdmike at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 14:38:11 CDT 2015

If you want a real key challenge, try those used by mid-90s IBM AS/400s.
They were electronic; a lozenge-shaped slab of plastic with a bunch of
contacts concealed in one end, and a chip of some kind inside (I never
dared hack one apart!)

IIRC, from the time I tried to obtain a spare, they weren't made by IBM;
the system was subcontracted out to a Native American owned company on a
reservation somewhere.

(The key in question was used to lock and unlock the front panel, select
IPL modes etc)

Mike