Reproducing old machines with newer technology (Re: PDP-12 at the RICM)

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Wed Jul 15 15:49:39 CDT 2015

That would certainly be closer than any of the other examples that have
been thrown in the discussion.  But it, of course, is much newer than
the 1400 series.  IIRC, the discussion started when someone suggested
that there were quite a few machines that were similar to the 1400
series in terms of variable length.  Again, while that was true from the
perspective of variable length data fields, it wasn't from the
perspective of variable length instructions.