Reproducing old machines with newer technology (Re: PDP-12 at the RICM)

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Tue Jul 14 20:06:09 CDT 2015

The 12-bit computer that I "translated" originally had *independent* 1
micro-second clocks in each of four racks.  The processor derived a 3
micro-second clock from that, but also a second clock that was out of
phase with the CPU master clock, used to sync. signals coming in from
the other racks (which had 10 foot cables in between).