A 'good-enough' H960 |d|i|g|i|t|a|l| PDP11 masthead replica

steven at malikoff.com steven at malikoff.com
Fri Jul 10 19:21:49 CDT 2015

I've adjusted the drawing based upon some of the measurements provided, so far. However I'm not sure I interpret Pete's measurement of 33.1mm
from the back of the flange to the front of the box, correctly. Noel also says the same 'from the back of the flange' so I must be missing
something here.

I'd like to get it as accurate as possible. So, I've taken some of Adam's photos and annotated them with labelled arrows (hope that's ok Adam).
Would it be possible to get these? Hopefully this will clarify things. One or two labels are repeated, I know:
http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/500/dimension_check-IMG_3161.jpg
http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/500/dimension_check-IMG_3162.jpg
http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/500/dimension_check-IMG_3144.jpg

Noel: thanks for trying the drill bits on the radius. From the original TU10 photo I determined 9.6mm, Pete says 9.5mm so I'm not too far out.
I have adjusted it to 9.5mm anyway, along with most of the other measurements provided.

Paul: thanks for John's Handbook Truetype font. I've looked at it and (for me) the kerning is not quite right even when using the narrow 't'
(0054, or ALT + keypad 83) also on other characters. To get the proper representation for the panel I would need to convert the TTF word string
to an image or SVG path, shuffle the characters to the correct spacing and then reimport it. So I'll stick with what I have for this. His 's' is
far better than mine though - I'll work on that.

Thinking about Chris' mention of vinyl cutting, the long horizontal line could be dropped from the cutting image which would bring the length
down from the start of the |d| box to the end of the '11' ie. about 245mm which would should(?) fit an A4 cutting space. The line could be applied seperately with automotive or scrapbooking lining tape.

Thanks again

Steve.