How many use old browsers (e.g. =< Netscape 4 or IE 6) as their ONLY source of web content?

Peter Coghlan cctalk at beyondthepale.ie
Fri Jul 3 03:31:45 CDT 2015

> The website does have a few articles and resources of interest to vintage
> computer hobbyists, which I wouldn't want to make inaccessible. The
> question is, how many guys like us, those who dabble with old tech, are
> likely to use ancient browsers as their ONLY source of web content.  I
> suspect not many.  Should I worry about it?  Any comments welcome.

I'm glad I waited to reply.  Fred and Mouse have saved me the work of having
to compose my thoughts on this.

> On a related note, I'd be interested if anyone on the list CAN'T read this
> page properly:
> http://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/temp.html

It loads up fine using Mozilla/5.0 or SWB V1.1-12 based on Seamonkey 1.1.12 (or
whatever it is called this week) running on VMS (Alpha).  When I tried last
night, there was a small white rectangle over part of the "index" link but
this seems to be fixed now.

Looks grand in Lynx too.  Highlighting "IBM XT" and pressing enter downloads
the picture and displays it using XV as expected.

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.