strange number corruption on pdp11/34

Jacob Ritorto jacob.ritorto at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 20:30:36 CST 2015

ok, now with my 'good' 11/34 board set (not the set with the mysterious
zero bug) installed, I re-ran xxdp against the rl02.  I'm getting proper
prompts with the address and vectors supplied with non-zero numbers as
defaults. I just hit return like I had been doing with the 'zero-bug' cpu
boards and this time, the tests run, the drive blinks wildly like before,
and I get real results with real numbers filled in.  I think this pretty
conclusively proves that there's something really weird (mysterious zero
bug) going on with my other board set.