new-old-tech news

Tor Arntsen kspt.tor at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 06:30:42 CST 2015

On 28 January 2015 at 13:05, Brent Hilpert <hilpert at cs.ubc.ca> wrote:
> Not my thing really, but of interest to some here I expect (pardon if I missed it and it's already been mentioned on the list):
>         "Remodelled ZX Spectrum production set to begin"
>                 http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-30810148

It'll be interesting to see if that works at all.

> Also, not especially computers, but:
>         "Why can't we let go of our old tech?"
>                 http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-30879638

Aah, old arcade games.. and pinball machines. There's something about
that mechanical/physical aspect I think. The point in time when I lost
interest in pinball machines was when they changed the number displays
from mechanical to electronical. Suddenly the pinball machines lost
their appeal for me. Some important part of the experience was gone.

-Tor