somewhat sad tek4015-1

Jacob Ritorto jacob.ritorto at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 14:25:38 CST 2015

Nope.  From the conversations I remember on here months ago, there was some
lengthy debate as to whether the whole concept of reforming caps was a
farce and that trying to do so was, perhaps, more dangerous than just
turning the thing on.  I tried to look at archives for details on how to do
it, but it seems they're not up currently.

On that note, maybe this is good fodder for the wiki discussion that was
going on last week.  If I could've made a more informed decision and
possibly saved my rare machine by having that information readily
accessible, that would've been a good thing.

So anyway, I found a really nice manual online for the tek.  I'm too much
of an amateur to just dig in and start analysing it myself.  Anyone have
suggestions on what to look for and where to start?  Should I put together
a simple PC parallel port logic analyser?

thx
jake