Atari 800XL RF cable (and I/O cable availability?)

James james at slor.net
Thu Jan 22 17:13:41 CST 2015

Hey Jules - a great place to start for various questions is the official
Atari 8-bit FAQ:
http://faqs.cs.uu.nl/na-dir/atari-8-bit/faq.html
You should find port pinouts, PSU info, etc. for each model.

One thing you'll notice right away is that, besides the coax RF hookup,
there is also a monitor port with 5 pins.  You will get better picture and
sound using the composite video and audio outputs from that port on the
800xl.

>From the various vendors, I recommend a couple specifically:

B&C ComputerVisions
http://www.myatari.com/

Best Electronics
http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/

With some looking and contacting, you may find a lot of things you want.  Of
course, eBay will have lots of stuff.  Also, check and use the marketplace
forum on AtariAge.  The folks in the 8-bit forum will also provide a wealth
of knowledge for future questions.
http://atariage.com/forums/

It's possible I might have spares of some of the things you'll be looking
for, so feel free to contact me offlist if you like to go into any detail.

James