MEM11 Status Update

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Wed Jan 21 12:04:05 CST 2015

> On Jan 21, 2015, at 7:05 AM, Al Kossow <aek at bitsavers.org> wrote:
>
> On 1/20/15 4:57 PM, Guy Sotomayor wrote:
>>
>> It'll fit as a 19" rack panel (I haven't looked at doing
>> an overlay to make it look pretty) but it'll be somewhat generic (4 rows of 36 LEDs).
>>

> I can see several interesting applications for that, like hooking it onto the km11 paddle
> card(s). RK11D with an RK11C light panel... I assume the same spacing on the lights as the
> DEC panel?

Yes, that's the plan.  ;-)  But it won't be compatible with the DEC version since I'm going to be using a very simple serial protocol to get the data over to the LED board.  The drivers that I'm using will actually latch the data.  They're also constant current so there's only one resistor (to set the current) per driver package (there'll be 9 packages).

TTFN - Guy