HP tape drive novel repair

Mike Loewen mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
Wed Jan 21 09:21:45 CST 2015

On Wed, 21 Jan 2015, Mouse wrote:

> Jay West wrote:
>> I think one issue is that half the folks insist on using an HPIB
>> interface [...]

    I'm one of those folks.  I'm more interested in later OS, and HPIB
peripherals are what I worked with on the HP 3000 systems.  Plus, I
wouldn't need a 13037C to control a 7925M.  :-)

> I don't suppose there's anything like HPdrive in the open-source world?
> I've had building something to act like an HPIB disk as a blue-sky
> project for some years, and, while I may still do it, if someone has
> already done it I would love to find out about it.

    Anders Gustafsson has designed a GPIB disk emulator that currently
emulates several Amigo and SS/80 drives: 9121D, 9122D and 9134D:

http://www.dalton.ax/hpdisk/

    If someone had the time, it should be possible to extend the firmware
to support bigger drives like the 7925H or 7935.

Mike Loewen				mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us