Paging Mouse at rodents-montreal

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Fri Jan 16 09:23:36 CST 2015

> Mouse;

> I've tried to send you an email off-list, but both of the mail server
> infrastructures here (one unix, one windows) can't seem to get
> through to your mail server.

That's odd; list mail seems to work fine.  Is it emerging from a
different IP or something?  Do you have the rejection message?  I'd
like to find the failures in my logs, assuming of course that they got
far enough I have log entries here.

> More to the point, I recall seeing a notice or two over time that the
> classiccmp mail server has trouble getting to you and disables your
> subscription automatically and I re-enable it any time I notice it.

That's odd; my scripts should auto-reenable when the subscription
auto-suspends.  But if it's not working for some reason then perhaps I
should take the other option.  I have a standing offer to listowners
and postmasters for lists I'm on to make list mail that would normally
be rejected just silently vanish instead.  (Admittedly, I have no
non-human-layer mechanism in place to make such people aware of that
offer.)

> Can you email me a different email address for you that's on a
> different server perhaps?

Well, you could try mouse at netbsd.org and/or mouse at openface.ca.  But for
the list, I'd rather stick with mouse at rodents-montreal.org and just do
as I sketched above: make list mail that would normally be rejected
just silently vanish instead.  I'll get started on that; it should be
in place within the next few hours at most.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org