Subject: Knowledge Base

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Fri Jan 16 10:39:24 CST 2015

> On Jan 16, 2015, at 5:32 AM, Jay West <jwest at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>

> I personally like the idea of a knowledgebase, but as Marc says - it'd be
> nice to have a place for people to post their restoration logs. Many people
> do this on their own sites and it's a great thing but I'm sure many people
> (me included) generally don't have the time to create an entire site to post
> the progress of each restoration project. Maybe if something in this site
> would allow easy subsection creation ("John Smiths PDP7 restoration
> project") that could be of help to both restorers and interested people
> wanting to learn. There is a site for people restoring/customizing Jon boats
> that I've spent a lot of time on where each person can create their own
> section documenting their restoration project. That type of thing would be a
> great resource here in addition to a "knowledge base".
>
> Let me know if there's interest. Thoughts?

I'm in.  ;-)

I've tried to do "blog-like" updates on my own website and it's a pain.  ;-)

I'd really like to have something where I can just do simple posts (hopefully
with the ability to post pictures).

One that I've been following recently is Carl Claunch's blog on restoring the
IBM 1130 that he rescued.  He's actually been pretty active on posting to
the blog each day (some what jealous that I don't have that much time to
"play").  ;-)

TTFN - Guy