Making Sergey's XT-CF-Lite board work

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sun Jan 11 00:11:29 CST 2015

> On Jan 8, 2015, at 18:06, Pete Turnbull <pete at dunnington.plus.com> wrote:
>
> On 09/01/2015 01:32, David Griffith wrote:
>>
>> I ordered a couple XT-CF-Lite boards as described in
>> http://www.malinov.com/Home/sergeys-projects/xt-cf-lite.  Has anyone
>> else here built and used this?  I have a problem with the BIOS.  Either
>> Sergey specified the wrong size EEPROM or provided the wrong BIOS
>> image.  The specified EEPROM holds 8192 bytes while the BIOS image is
>> 32,768 bytes. I sent an email to Sergey, but I thought I'd ask here too.
>
> I downloaded it to look: only the first 8K is used.  The rest is all 0xFF, ie blank.

Yes, identical experience here: I was also confused by the oversized image, until I looked at it, tried it using only the first 8k, and found that it worked. I had some initial trouble with a batch of CF cards that ended up being incompatible for some reason, but now I can boot my IBM 5155 from the card.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/