VT101 8085 CPU Fault

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 21 12:59:09 CST 2015

Longer term I will have to get one, but for now that is all I have. I do
have a variac and a rectifier, so I could get it to 50V that way.

> > None of them seemed to show any
> > leakage, but my bench PSU will not
> > display currents below 10mA
>
> That's not good enough either.  10Ma
> would be far too much leakage.

So what sort of value is reasonable for leakage?

> > I am not sure if that is enough to
> > show leakage that matters. I also
> > tested their capacitance values, a few
> > are well above nominal value, but
> > within the tolerance shown on the
> > printset. The worst one is +41% when
> > the range is +50-10%.
>
> Why do you consider +41% to be "worst"?
> Sounds better to me.

By "worst" I mean the one that was furthest from its nominal value.

I have posted a picture of it here: http://1drv.ms/1Lo1hWB