Multi-node BBS'

Robert Rissell rrissell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 11:07:16 CST 2015

Keep in mind that a BBS does NOT equal a DOS session.   All that is
required is the ability to service multiple COM: ports connected to modems
or local consoles; keeping track of what data is coming or going from which
port.   All else is bells and whistles.  You can have a system as simple as
2 commands.  READ: which types everything in the board file from the last
time it was cleared.   WRITE: which adds a line of text with a port ID to
differentiate who is typing.  Absolute login IDs or even date/time stamps
are optional.

It can be that simple.

Robyn- BBS user since 1979.