proper chemical / glue for 11/45 switch repair?

Anders Sandahl anders at
Sun Feb 15 12:28:21 CST 2015

> Message: 27
> Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 15:24:13 +0000
> From: tony duell <ard at>
> To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts"
> 	<cctalk at>
> Subject: RE: proper chemical / glue for 11/45 switch repair?
> Message-ID:
> 	<A8192EF71C5C4946A240D25EDC8F9448027B4533 at EXMBX16.thus.corp>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>> An -11 owner would be able to say for certain, but the old model
>> airplane solvent glue was methyl chloride.  It's also in a lot paint
>> stripper as well.  "Tenax" model glue is a name that comes to mind.
> In the UK, dichloromethane (same stuff) is sold under the brand name
> 'Plastic Weld', It is _by far_ the best way of mending plastics that it
> will
> disolve. And I think DEC front panel toggles fit into that category.
> That said, trying to glue the pivot pins back on to the toggle is going
> to be (IMHO) a waste of time. The area is just so small. Personally, I
> would
> drill through the toggle (make sure it's in the exact right direction) and
> put
> a metal pin through.
> -tony

It has been done! I did it on my switches on the old 8/L.

I used the core from a copper wire 1,5mm2 since the diameter turned out to
be perfect.


More information about the cctech mailing list