building my own relay computer

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Fri Feb 13 20:22:32 CST 2015

On 14/02/15 09:52, Brent Hilpert wrote:
> On 2015-Feb-13, at 2:56 PM, Tom Sparks wrote:
>> On 14/02/15 08:20, Brent Hilpert wrote:
>>> On 2015-Feb-13, at 1:40 PM, Tom Sparks wrote:
<snipped>
> Just an opinion, but the Zusie / Z3 recreation ref'd by Pontus looks most interesting, if one wants to do an historical design vs. something novel.
my project is a what if?....
"1890 portable telegraph switching computer"

I am limiting myself to 1930's knowledge and ideas because they could
have be discovered early in time, but unpublished/lost/etc

I am welling to use modern versions to reduce the build time

> The Zusie site mentions the Z3 recreation in Germany.
> With a few recreations of the same machine there's the potential to benefit from community software development.
>
> The Zusie fellow sure was fortunate to obtain a large quantity of good relays at scrap prices.
> I've long been interested in building a relay computer but that's one of the stumbling blocks - relays new are so pricey today.
I noticed that with the relays