It's time to restore the 11/45.

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Feb 4 18:56:52 CST 2015

    > From: Jacob Ritorto

    > My NASA EE buddy recommended working up an appropriate load from
    > regular household lightbulbs. They won't light, naturally, but you can
    > dial in your load by simply choosing certain wattages and doing the math.

Err, both tungsten and carbon filament incandescents have very different
resistance when hot (lit) and cold. To make it even more, they are of opposite
sign: with tungsten, the resistance increases as it heats up (a nice
stabilizing feedback), and with carbon, it goes the other way. So if you're
not running enough current to light the bulb, you can't use the printed watt
rating; you'll have to use an ohm-meter.

	Noel