Destructive Imaging of DECTAPE II Media

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sun Feb 1 12:15:28 CST 2015

> On Feb 1, 2015, at 03:19, Peter Coghlan <cctalk at beyondthepale.ie> wrote:
>
> I've got three Verbatim ST-600 "High Density Streamer Cassette" and five
> Maxell CS-600HD "High density data cassette back coated 183m/600ft"
> audio-cassette-like tapes with the notch on the back edge.  Most have data
> written on them from around 1994 but one of each type is unused and still in
> plastic wrapping.  Another of the Verbatim tapes is missing the box.
>
> If they are of any use, they are available for postage from Ireland.

I don't think I'll need them, but thank you for the offer!

I've received the Teac MR-30 data recorder tape transport that Bob Rosenbloom suggested. It looks promising, though I also plan to experiment with a Teac MT-2ST streamer transport that may work better. I made a video introducing TU58 innards and the MR-30 transport, in case anybody is interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo4qfVl-Y-o

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/