Looking for 3COM 3C905-TX Drivers

Adrian Graham witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk
Fri Dec 25 19:58:38 CST 2015

On 26/12/2015 00:45, "Robert Jarratt" <robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Not too long ago I picked up a DEC Venturis FX 5120. It contains a 3COM
> 3C905-TX network card. There are some sites around the web that purport to
> have drivers for this card, but I am very wary of downloading anything from
> these sites.
>

> Does anyone happen to have drivers for this card? I am not sure what OSs
> this card was supported on, so any drivers at all would be appreciated.

Ack! *shudders at the memory*

Horrible things, we did a LOT of those back then initially on WFW3.11 then
Win95. I battled PATHWORKS32 and fun fun fun times with 10base2 around
police stations in the north of england.

Bound to still have driver disks at work, but the 3c905 was THE de-facto
card of the 90s for 10baseT with the DE100/DE200 (I think) for
thick/thinwire. The 3COMs will work with the bog-standard NE1000 driver for
DOS....hazy memories of swearing which I shall take to sleep since it's 2am
here :)

--
Adrian/Witchy
Binary Dinosaurs creator/curator