Odd disk image format... .552?

Mike Ross tmfdmike at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 05:38:30 CST 2015

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 12:17 AM, Wouter de Waal <wrm at dw.co.za> wrote:

>> Recently found some long-lost images of 5 1/4" floppies that were sent
>> to me...  10-15 years ago. Here's one of them:
>>
>> http://www.corestore.org/RP06.552
>

> Looks like a straight image for a 1.44 what we call "stiffy". The 522 is the
> version of RP06.
>
> Google leads me to http://www.corestore.org/rp12.htm so you already know
> what it's for :-)

Yep. The other thing I'm missing is the removable drive module for the
Quantum XL of course... but I'm hoping I can simply replace the
Passport drive with a SCSI2SD or SCSI2CF device and it'll Just Work...

Mike

http://www.corestore.org
'No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother.
Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame.
For one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see.'