EAI TR-10 Patch Plugs

Mike Stein mhs.stein at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 21:49:44 CST 2015

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Guzis" <cclist at sydex.com>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 20, 2015 10:21 PM
Subject: Re: EAI TR-10 Patch Plugs

> On 12/20/2015 04:10 PM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
>
>> I don't have any to show you, but I do remember that some of these
>> banana plugs used an un-threaded barrel, employing a small
>> (head-less) screw on the side that threaded into the top of the plug
>> fixture.  In the long run, probably better, as they could not be
>> unscrewed by twisting on the barrel.
>

> Here's an example from Tenna:
>
> http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1656887.pdf
>
> --Chuck

And then epoxy something like this into the other end (after connecting the resistor of course ;-):
http://www.showmecables.com/product/banana-jack-panel-mount-plastic-red.aspx

Use a piece of tubing if it's not a good fit or too short.

Make sure they're the right size; lots to choose from on eBay and elsewhere.