EAI TR-10 Patch Plugs

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 18:58:25 CST 2015

I think this type of solution is the way its going but its not very neat compared with the ones in the link below.
I was actually trying to use the sleeve that came with the plug and then push the socket in the end.

> > Could you make the tube in two short lengths, with a left-hand thread
> > between them; screw the plug into one part and then screw the socket
> > into the other while also screwing the two parts of the tube together?

I think I might manage using a longer tube and flexible hook up wire.

> > Could you use a split (lengthways) tube, solder the resistor to the
> > plug and socket, and fit the tube on with epoxy?

That would work...

> > Or if it doesn't need to be absolutely rigid, mould some Sugru round
> > the parts instead of using the tube?

Rigid is best as you need to fit a plug in the end and then plug it into the patch panel..

> > --
> > Pete
> >

> Bottom of this page?
> http://www.analogmuseum.org/english/collection/eai/tr10/

Those are the thing. How on earth are those made? Some kind of contact so its clamped together not soldered...

> I may not follow your meaning here.  Can't you just leave patch connections
> loose as long as the ends of connection is secure? My Donner 3500 for
> example has required improvisation.
>
> http://vintagecomputer.net/donner/Donner-3500_voltage-test-plugs.JPG
> --

The TR-10 has no input resistors in its OP Amps. You need to put them in the ends of the cables as needed.
It’s a cludge but it makes converting an op amp to an integrator simpler...

> Bill

Dave