EAI TR-10 Patch Plugs

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 14:41:01 CST 2015

Folks,

I own an EAI TR-10 analog computer which sadly came without any patch cables
and accessories. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, BUT the TR-10 comes
with special resistive plugs which go at the ends of the patch leads. These
have a 4mm plug and socket with a 10k or 100k resistor in between.  I can't
figure out a way to easily fabricate replacements. I can easily obtain 4mm
plugs and sockets, and solder a resistor between them, but when I try and
mount them on a short rigid tube all my efforts fail. The plug and socket
need to be twisted in opposite directions and any soldered joint just fails.

Any usggestions?

Does any one have some of these and if so how are they constructed?

Dave Wade
G4UGM