IBM Mainframe terminal stuff

Ken Seefried seefriek at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 13:04:23 CST 2015

From: Mike Ross <tmfdmike at gmail.com>

From: Paul Berger <phb.hfx at gmail.com>

> you need a modem eliminator mostly to provide the clocks for the sync data line,
> other than that is is similar to a null modem.

Not sure if this would work here, but the Cisco IOS "IBM Feature Set"
has support for all sorts of weird bisync use cases.  I've used it to
fake termination of an ALC (Airline Line Control) bisync connection
where a modem connection was expected.  You can then convert, tunnel
or bridge to any number of other strange things.

There even exists an IBM channel attach card for the Cisco 7k routers
that turns it into the equivalent of a 3172 and/or 3745.

KJ