What did computers without screens do?

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Mon Dec 14 18:30:56 CST 2015

On Mon, 14 Dec 2015, Mike wrote:
> Thank you Paul for that reply I have learned more about the history in
> the short time I have been on here than I have if I would have spent 10
> bagillion dollars in collage I'm just a busted up old welder now but I
> wet to collage for that and it was not cheap I could not even fathom
> what it would cost to have a teaching degree in computer science....

Currently, at community college or equivalent level, it requires a Masters
degree, with some variations and exceptions.  Universities want a PhD.
30 years ago, it required a Masters degree, or a Bachelors degree plus
three years professional experienc, or an Associate degree plus six years
of professional experience.   It was a little easier to get into the field
in those days.

> Again thank you very much for your input you a humble me greatly and I
> have the highest respect for all the pioneers of the computers rocky
> road some of you have went down.

Yeah, but what a ride!

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com