Mystery IC: Allen Bradley 314B102

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Mon Dec 14 08:19:13 CST 2015

> On Dec 14, 2015, at 8:12 AM, tony duell <ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>

>> Can anyone give me a clue as to the purpose and pinouts of an Allen
>> Bradley 314B102??!!
>
> First guess, it's not really an IC, it's a resistor array. Either separate resistors
> going across the chip or resistors all commoned to the highest numbered
> pin (which may well be +5V).

Yes.  The former.  You can see it clearly on a photo on Ebay where someone offers a set of 24 of these; the lighting reveals the thick film resistor elements running across the package, showing up as humps in the lacquer coating.

> I would secondly guess that '102' means 1k (10*10^2)

That sounds right, and for pullup resistors that would be a plausible value.  It matches the numbering used on surface mount components.

	paul