VAX 4000-500 PSU Overload?

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Mon Dec 14 01:27:37 CST 2015

I just got the board out. The caps on mine look OK, but I see the ESR is at or just above the value suggested on the table printed on my meter. So I will replace them all.

> Each circuit has three diodes, an SB520 and a 1N4735A for which I can find
> datasheets, and a third one which looks like a General Instrument
> MP654 for which I can't find a datasheet and I'm not sure if that is the correct
> part number. I can't quite read the marking all the way around the body of
> the diode. If someone else takes a look at their
> BA440 DSSI & SCSI termination power supply board let me know if you can
> make out what that part number is, or if MP654 is a GI part for which you can
> find a datasheet.

I had a look and all I can make out on one is"P654" with "143" underneath. On the second one I can see "MP" with "GI" underneath. So, presumably, the full marking is MP654/ GI 143. Presumably, one of these parts is the date code.

Regards

Rob