TU-58

Pete Turnbull pete at dunnington.plus.com
Mon Dec 7 03:24:08 CST 2015

On 06/12/2015 17:27, Jerome H. Fine wrote:

> In addition, even before that, you must match the CSR and
> VECTOR with the DL port you are using.  On a Qbus
> system with a DLV11-J, usually the first DL port is:
> SET  DD  CSR=176500
> SET  DD  VECTOR=300
>
> On a PDP-11/23, there is an extra port at:
> SET  DD  CSR=177570
> SET  DD  VECTOR=70
> if I remember correctly.

I don't think so :-)  177570 is the switch/display register, which only
exists on some Unibus machines.  It definitely doesn't exist on an
11/23.  Maybe you're thinking of the console CSR at 177560 with vector 60?

Unibus addresses are the same as QBus, at least for I/O devices (things
like memory management are done differently).

--
Pete

Pete Turnbull