PT-210 Serial Board

dave at 661.org dave at 661.org
Sun Dec 6 21:03:02 CST 2015

A few years ago I entered the schematics and laid out a design for the
serial board option for the TRS-80 PT-210 printing terminal using gEDA.
I found the schematics in a hardcopy of the service manual[1].  I
revisited the project a couple of days ago and reentered the schematics
into Kicad.  I remembered that the reason I never made the board was that
I was unsure of its correctness.  The schematics and foil patterns
contradict slightly and a couple wires seem to be missing from the
schematic.

Does anyone here have a PT-210 with a working serial board?  I would like
to work with you to beep out various points so I can figure out what's
wrong.

I also found a Youtube video showing a PT-210 with the serial board in
action.  See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxpzcFXh-0

[1] Scanned and uploaded to
http://chiclassiccomp.org/docs/content/computing/RadioShack-Tandy/

--