Sales of unearthed Atari games total more than $100,000

Peter Cetinski pete at pski.net
Mon Aug 31 10:17:15 CDT 2015

> On Aug 31, 2015, at 10:40 AM, ethan at 757.org wrote:
>

> As a kid that grew up with the Atari 2600 as my first system, I played ET a fair bit. I know it gets all the hate, but yea, when I first saw Donkey Kong on the 2600 I literally had a tear or two roll down, it was that bad. Christmas morning and the excitement and yea, maybe this one is defective I thought. Maybe it's stuck in black and white. Yes. I know Coleco was pimping their own system (Which was my 2nd console system) and I realize that people went back and remade Donkey Kong on the 2600 so it wasn't quite as bad.

I had the same sad experience when they released Pac Man for the 2600.  IIRC, the Pac Man did not even change orientation when he moved in different directions!  And the ghosts lost their individuality.  I think I had moved on to ColecoVision by the time Donkey Kong was released on the 2600 and I felt so sorry for my friend who was still stuck on the 2600 when I saw it for the first time.  Donkey Kong on Coleco was killer.