De-yellowing results

Tothwolf tothwolf at concentric.net
Fri Aug 28 17:52:01 CDT 2015

On Fri, 28 Aug 2015, Ali wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Aug 2015, Evan Koblentz wrote:
>
>> Not a concern: we'd just build a walled tub of sorts, put in enough de-
>> yellowing solution to cover the yellowed item in question, and have the
>> plexi sitting well above it. The solution would never be anywhere near
>> the plexi.
>
> Actually I was thinking the tub would be built out of plexi. That way
> you could get the same level of light from all around as opposed to just
> from the top (hence the reflective surfaced for the container). That way
> you may get more even UV illumination on all the surfaces especially in
> the nooks and crannies. Just a thought though as it may not improve or
> make things worse.

Why get so elaborate? Last year while I was looking at building an indoor
UV setup, I was considering a simple wooden frame to support four 24" T8
blacklight lamps about a foot or so above my bench. I haven't yet gone
much further than looking at various lamps/fixtures/ballasts since I'm
still not sure de-yellowing many of my computers would be worth the
effort.