TK50/TK70 Info

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Aug 28 11:20:15 CDT 2015

On 08/28/2015 08:58 AM, Mark J. Blair wrote:

> Interesting! Is the central shaft small enough for 5.25" and 8"
> floppy disks to fit in it? I have a lot of 8" disks that need baking,
> too.

If you've got access to woodworking equipment and some scrap plywood,
you can built one easily enough from parts you may already have lying
about.  Insulate with rigid foam (polystyrene insulation works fine).
My only out-of-pocket cost was for the PID controller and some 70C
thermal fuses (you really do want a safety measure).  Heat is provided
by a 60W incandescent bulb.    I stack 10" reels of tape using old
cottage cheese containers, which fit the hub holes quite neatly.

My oven looks like a nice piece of furniture--and even has casters so it
can be easily rolled around.  Not out of place in a living room.

--Chuck