De-yellowing

Geoff Oltmans oltmansg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 18:09:22 CDT 2015

On Aug 21, 2015, at 6:06 PM, Ali wrote:

> Is this something you need to mix like Retrobright? Or is it ready to go out
> of the bottle? Also any long term experience with it? From discussion on VCF
> it seems as Retrobright fails after some time passes (i.e. re-yellowing
> occurs). I'd be interested in hearing/seeing the results.

Another option (albeit slow acting, pro/con) is using straight 3% hydrogen peroxide + UV like you get at the drug store. I used this method on a few of my Commodore 128D pieces that were yellowed. It does act very slow, but that might not be such a bad thing considering people have had issues with blotchiness with stronger treatments.