More on manuals plus rescue

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Fri Aug 21 11:00:00 CDT 2015

On Fri, 21 Aug 2015, Evan Koblentz wrote:

>> Years ago I needed a HP service manual for a plotter I was trying to repair
>> that I owned. HP of course wouldn't let me have it, so I had to buy a PDF
>> copy from someone on eBay. I ended up removing the password and posting it
>> on my website.
>
> That's called "stealing".

No it's not.  At *worst* you're voilating the copyright of someone elses
copyright violation. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT IS. NOT. THEFT.  This is not
my opinion, it's decided case law by the Supreme Court.

>> The more of it turned free, the better.
>
> True, but you can't just take the law into your own hands.

Well until we get together enough people together to buy a Senator or
three like the likes of Disney does, we're not left a whole lot of options.

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007