More on manuals plus rescue

Tothwolf tothwolf at concentric.net
Wed Aug 19 09:14:33 CDT 2015

On Wed, 19 Aug 2015, William Donzelli wrote:

>> Are you serious? Jason is currently sweating his balls off trying to
>> save at least a portion of a huge warehouse of unique documentation
>> under an incredibly tight deadline.
>
> Just for the record, the Manuals Plus hoard is not, in any way, a bunch
> of "unique documentation". Test equipment docs are actually very common,
> and hoards of thousands of manuals are also fairly common.
>
> I will try to elaborate on the subject later, but I have had one helluva
> day...(in a mostly good way)...

Actually, their collection was unique and contained a lot of material
which others' libraries (either dead tree or digital) do not contain. This
year, I purchased many one of a kind manuals from Manuals Plus for
equipment ranging from the 1940s to 1980s that I've had sitting around for
10-15+ years. No one else had those manuals, period.